Online General English - Part Time
Our part-time General English online courses help students improve all their skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) and learn the grammar, vocabulary and cultural knowledge necessary for using English in an international context.
We focus on practical, effective and natural communication.
- 5 or 2.5 hours per week:
- Learn new phrase-level language items each lesson, to help you to speak more naturally
- Improve your English speaking skills in small group tasks, with feedback from your teacher
- Focus on everyday, real-life topics relevant to all international students
- Improve your writing skills with structured tasks and written feedback from your teacher
- Practise new listening and reading skills to improve your confidence
- 5 hours / 4 classes per week: 7-8.15pm Monday - Thursday
- 5 hours / 5 classes per week: 12-1pm Monday-Friday
- 2.5 hours / 2 classes per week: 5.30-6.45pm Monday and Wednesday (B1) or Tuesday and Thursday (B2-C1)
- Minimum 2 weeks
This course is also available with 15 hours per week
Online General English courses include:
- Online live speaking test & personal needs check with the Principal/experienced teacher prior to course start
- English level test before start date, to make sure we place you in the right class
- Lessons live online with our qualified IH Bristol teachers, maximum 15 students per class
- Free e-coursebook
- Interactive group activities, in mixed-nationality classes
- IH Bristol’s Phrase of the day, Cultural Question and weekly Cultural Project
- End of week mini-test/quiz, so you can see how much new language you remember
- Free online social activities - meet students from other classes and other IH schools!
- Online receptionist, available twice a day
- End-of-course certificate
- Free online study material, including Useful English expressions
"Thanks for everything.. Sadly, this is my last week because I will start university in the UK next week.
You are the best school for teaching English in UK. I will recommend it for my friends!"
- Muzun, Saudi Arabia, Online General English for Adults June 2020
You can start any Monday and choose the timeslot that suits you best. Minimum course duration is 2 weeks. Please book your course and complete the level test we will send you at least five days before you start your course. This is so we can allocate you to the correct class for your level.
Studying Online with IH Bristol
- For the best experience, you need a laptop, or desktop computer; a large tablet device or smartphone also work.
- You need an internet broadband connection: for gallery view and/or 720p HD video, 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down)
- For sound and video, it is best with headphones and a webcam, or you can use the camera and speaker on your computer.
That's it! You will receive a weekly email with the link to join your classes. Zoom is very simple to use, but if you're unsure take a look at our helpful video.
5 hours per week: £59/week
2.5 hours per week: £32/week
More intensive options are also available - see here