Online International Language Swap
Welcome to our FREE online International Language Swap!
We have teamed up with IH schools from Spain, Italy and the UK to help students practise the language they are learning for free.
After that we will meet every week on the same day at the same time. We will be using Zoom. Register below. You will be emailed a link for you to join your classroom.
Register 24 hours before your language swap is due to begin, to join.
Monday: Spanish - English: Registration closed for Monday 22nd. Register below for Monday 29th.
6:00pm - 6:45pm (GMT +1 / UK time)
Monday: Italian - English: Registration closed for Monday 22nd. Register below for Monday 29th.
7:00pm - 7:45pm (GMT +1 / UK time)
How will it work?
- We use Zoom for the language swap. Once you register you will receive a Zoom login. You will use this login for every week to join the language swap.
- Make sure that your Zoom name is the same name that you have signed up with.
- Once you login, you will wait in a virtual waiting room until the organizer lets you in. Don't be late or you might not get in!
- Each language swap lasts for 40 - 45 minutes.
- The organizer will bring everyone into the Zoom meeting room. They will then separate you into groups of twos or threes.
- You will spend 30 minutes total talking in your pairs. The first 15 minutes you will both have a conversation in either Spanish, French, German or Italian. In the second 15 minutes you will talk in English.
- We will try our best to pair you with a native speaker, but in some cases you may be practising your language with another student like you, who is not a native speaker.
What will we talk about?
- Each student should come with at least 3 topics that they want to talk about in their practice language. For example sport, holidays and shopping. At the beginning of the conversation, say to your partner that you would like to talk about those 3 topics.
Any questions - please email email@example.com